Key Account Manager
CMA CGM group is looking to hire a Key Account Manager for a job based in the United States.
ABOUT CMA CGM
CMA CGM, founded by Jacques Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 449 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2016, they carried 15.6 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial and logistics solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 600 agencies network, the group employs 29,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseille.
THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO
- Develop and maintain customer & trade-lane specific business plan to achieve or exceed weekly production quotas;
- Pre-plan and manage sales territories ensuring that an average 12-15 sales calls per week are made excluding required management meetings, holiday & vacations;
- Utilize travel & customer entertainment budget to augment customer relationships & business plan achievement;
- Manage qualification of new BCO or value NVOCC business opportunities by monthly review of Journal od Commerce (J.O.C) market data to ensure that active customers that are moving volumes greater than 100 TEUS per year are knows and called on within each sales territory;
- Ensure push & pull sales follow up occurs after each customer sales calls detailing the results of your sales coverage. At minimum, each sales call should generate at least one follow up email or correspondence.
- Make a minimum of 15 cold calls per quarter to grow current BCO active customer base within sales territory
- Cold call classification :
– a customer who has not been called on previously and has not been using CMA CGM in the past
– customer was identified as a result of the monthly J.O.C reviews;
- Timely response to all emails, memos or other requests for information within agreed upon standards which are as follows :
– acknowledge & provide follow up to all urgent emails or voice mail messages within 24 hours;
– acknowledge sales leads within 2 days with sales follow up occurring within 5 working days;
– business cell phones must be on from 8am – 8pm. Associate shall also be available during these times in case of urgent matters.
– Email and voice mails announcements must be updated to reflect availability.
- Prepare and complete required weekly management reports which include but are not limited to the following reports :
– Weekly Pre and Post Plans;
– Weekly Expense Report;
– Weekly KPI territory report outlining major events in the sales territory, competitive development/ actions, market rates, trends, new business secured or generated, business lost with explanation of why, customer feedback, quality of our service, other issues, and including any issues with the following departments : operations, finance, documentation, customer service;
– other reports as required;
– manage regions sign up and engagements of clients for utilizing eservices;
- Hold weekly sales meeting with Regional Sales Manager;
- Communicate results of meetings to upper management. Topics for this meeting should relate to weekly budgets VS actual, business plan reviews, competitive developments, new and lost business;
- Hold a weekly Trade-lane discussion to review specific opportunities and target account programs.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma required;
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience, preferably 4 years carrier outside sales experience;
- Good computer skills : Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Good communication & interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred