VIE – Energy Engineer
Airbus is looking for an Energy Engineer VIE for a job based in Broughton.
ABOUT AIRBUS GROUP
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Its people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in its work, they draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Its diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function. Airbus is looking for highly motivated graduates aged 18 to 28 years, who are citizens of the European Union (all E.U. nationals, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Candidates meeting these criteria and interested in a VIE, please register before your 28th birthday. For graduates who would be interested in a career with Airbus, this could be the start of a rewarding future in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector. The VIE is a specific contract, under Ubifrance’s eligibility criteria.
Broughton site is the largest manufacturing plant in the UK producing wing assemblies for the commercial aircraft family. It is the responsibility of the UK Energy team to manage the industrial energy footprint (Scope 2). Energy management accountabilities range from; legislation adherence, managing utility budgets, identifying and managing energy efficiency projects, monitoring and targeting through energy management systems and stakeholder engagement.An opportunity has arisen in the Energy team within the Facility Management function.
In This Context, Your Main Activities Will Include
- The job holder ensures the correct data is captured in the energy management system (EMS) to support the energy team to target energy improvement opportunities.
- Verifies meters are correctly monitoring energy consumption around Broughton.
- Work with the FM team to identify and quantify areas of energy opportunity within the UK sites.
- Where there are synergies in opportunities across the sites, a strategy document will be produced with an investment timeline.
- Be aware and work in alignment with central initiatives and methodologies to support a global approach to energy management.
- Support the ISO50001 implementation across the UK sites.
- Support the management of the eSight EMS system.
You will report directly to the UK Energy Manager. You will be expected to provide regular progress reporting and quickly escalate issues that need to be resolved by senior management.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree in Engineering, IT, Renewable/Sustainable Energy, or related subject.
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to speak other languages is advantageous. Strong team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be proactive and comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team to solve problems.
- Strong IT competency. Experience using facilities management tools will be advantageous to candidates i.e. BMS, SQL database, etc.
- Strong interest in sustainable energy.
- Industrial work experience would be an advantage.
- Experience with programming would be advantageous.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.