Trade Manager, Government Trade
APL, part of the CMA CGM Group is looking to hire a Trade Manager for a job based in The United States.
ABOUT CMA CGM LOGISTICS
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. It provides container transportation through its international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce. APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world.
CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients a new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseille, the Group has employees all over the world in hundreds of agencies. With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help its customers grow their businesses and negociate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
Job description :
Candidate will play a key role in managing and driving the organization in the development of new business for the Government Trade. He/she will uncover, monitor and maintain bid opportunities within the government sector and will assist in future business development.
Candidate will also be responsible for managing key Government contracts and any bidding related to these contracts. They will maintain close business relationships with other trade groups and have pricing responsibility to help grow the trade. Incumbent will need to ensure people development and talent retention with their team.
- Manage business development;
- Develop strategy to target new business;
- Manage Universal Contract Service;
- Ensuring excellence in customer service (i.e., efficiency, speedy response and quality);
- Cross-functional work
– working with the trade teams to develop the business as per the company strategy;
– working with Operations/Logistics to ensure smooth cross functional processes;
- Complying with the company rules and guidelines and adherence to the country law to conduct business.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 7+ years industry experience (Sales, Trade or Operations preferred)
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Contract Management;
- Strong on-the-ground execution skills;
- Selling skills, Market knowledge;
- Resource planning and allocation;
- Customer focus;
- Judgment and sound business decision-making;
- Good negociation/ Analytical/ Presentation skills;
- People management skills;
- Communicating skills & ability to influence others;
- Multi-cultural people management skills.