Senior Specialist, Cargo Flow Management
APL, part of the CMA CGM Group is looking to hire a Senior Specialist in Cargo Flow Management for a job based in The United States.
ABOUT CMA CGM LOGISTICS
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. It provides container transportation through its international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce. APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world.
CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients a new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseille, the Group has employees all over the world in hundreds of agencies. With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help its customers grow their businesses and negociate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
Job description :
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following :
- Develop and implement tactical plans to optimize asset utilization and meet product design;
- Monitor dwell time and take action to minimize;
- Develop 3 day / 1 day of cutoff projections;
- Create load lists evaluating bookings for compliance;
- Maintain vessel cutoff rules;
- Operationalize port operating procedures;
- Handle vessel downloads with terminals and coordinate on dock and off dock IPI cargo movement;
- Direct all diversion and motor bridge approval requests;
- Identify process, cost and service improvement opportunities;
- Measure and report key performance indicators.
Key results :
- Utilization of network conveyance resources
- Communication of cargo flow plans;
- Intermodal connection failures;
- Dwell time at work nodes.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Understanding of vessel and railcar storage;
- Container terminal operations
- Regulatory compliance;
- Bargaining unit jurisdictional issues;
- Collaborative, team based work environments;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical problem solving;
- Customer focus;
- Demonstrated strength using tools such as CCAM, Excel, BI Query and Terminal Operating Software.