MacAndrews is looking to hire a Finance Assistant for a job based in London.
ABOUT MAC ANDREWS
MacAndrews is the specialist in Intra European door to door multimodal solutions. A niche operator in the transport of perishable goods, MacAndrews offers its customers a value added service providing bespoke logistics solutions to their particular problems. MacAndrews is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world’s largest container shipping company.
To ensure that information entered into the electronic and paper based accounting systems is accurate and up to date. The primary stakeholder is the Trade Financial Manager.
Data entry :
- Set up voyages in 3 accounting systems in line with voyage schedules provided by operations team
- Look up and then update exchange rates weekly in Midas accounting system;
- Look up and then update exchange rates daily in Xtalk accounting system;
- Review then input TDRs (Terminal Department Record) information into Midas accounting system;
- Split closed voyages, upload, process, print and distribute Manifest Check Reports to Trade Accountants;
- Create new vessels on request and maintain vessel information on Mac Docs (blue screen), Midas and vessel list spreadsheet;
- Check and then amend or cancel voyages, vessels in Xtalk and Midas accounting systems;
- Cover for the assistant Trade Accountant during any period of absence.
Payment and receipts data entry :
- Stamp and log payable and receivable invoices when received by e-mail or post or created;
- Maintain invoice log so that Excel based sub-ledger is an accurate representation of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable;
- Raise paperwork for cash receipt as required supplied by the Treasury Manager;
- Raise ad hoc payments relating to Trade costs as required (e.g. container damage claims payment);
- Create (Receivables) invoices as required by Operations department ideally within 2 working days, maximum 5 working days and e-mail;
- Prepare bunkers payments for review by the Assistant Trade Accountant;
- Prepare slot payments;
- Creating multi-currency batch preview to account for Slot costs on P&L costs;
- Support Owners items reconciliations as guided by Assistant Trade Accountant;
- Any other ad hoc task as required.
Filling and data management :
- Systematically file batch previews produced by the Trade Accountants;
- Systematically file manifest check reports produced by the Trade Accountants;
- Systematically file any other Trade accounting information kept in hardcopy;
- Perform annual archive of paper records kept by the finance department;
- Maintain the electronic filing system as guided by Assistant Accountant.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proactive approach, eager to take ownership for delivering positive outcomes;
- Good attention to detail;
- Strong team player;
- Time management skills;
- Quick learner, able to hit the ground running;
- Demonstrable communication skills.
Practical & Technical Knowledge :
- IT literate – Excellent Excel skills;
- Experience of an accounting system;
- Basic book keeping knowledge.
- GCSE/O-Level or equivalent (A-C Grade at English Language and Mathematics)
Health & Safety :
- Non-Management Roles;
- Responsibility for ensuring that local Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed in order to ensure own safety and the safety of the others;
- MacAndrews offers a competitive salary, non-guaranteed bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, cash health plan, plus the opportunity to work within a highly engaged team in challenging and fast paced environment.
- If you do not hear back from MacAndrews within four weeks, then please assume that on the occasion you have not been successful.