APL, part of the CMA CGM Group is looking to hire an Admin, Sales for a job based in The United States.
ABOUT CMA CGM LOGISTICS
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. It provides container transportation through its international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce. APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world.
CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients a new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseille, the Group has employees all over the world in hundreds of agencies. With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help its customers grow their businesses and negociate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
Job description :
This position will provide administrative support for the sales area, presentations to customers as needed and be a key player in assisting the Head of Commercial in analyzing business opportunities and performance data. The position reports to the Head of Commercial.
- Coordination and communication with the sales team for budget and sales plan preparation and administration;
- Maintenance of all sales performance records (KPI’s);
- Tracking monthly T&E, cell phone expenditures and target account progress results;
- Maintain & review expenses to ensure APL is focused on low cost solutions;
- Administration of development planning and training coordination for the sales team;
- Analysis of market trends and assist in co-ordination of strategy;
- Communication liaison for sales process and market managers;
- Communication liaison for Head of Commercial;
- Sales projects as requested, which include Rate Requests, Customer Bids, Allocation Submission, and to maintain ownership of the sales leads box;
- Coordination with the Demand Planning Team.
SKILLS SETS/ EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years’ experience in APL Sales or Customer Service, or equivalent industry position;
- College degree preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of sales system tools such as Sales Force;
- Proficiency in the use of system tools;
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in the use of APL mainframe systems is a plus;
- Sales projects as requested which include Rate Requests, Customer Bid assistance, Allocation Submission (CSA), and to maintain ownership of the sales leads box.
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration;
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people;
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment;
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace;
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department and personal goals through a strong customer focus.